wireless for guitar

eman

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I use a wireless.

Samson SR-20

Its a really small unit with adapter and I attach the other device to my Guitar's strap to send and revieve signals between the 2. I use Alkeline rechargable 9V batteries.

I keep the reciever rackmounted inside my rack case on a 1 space tray.

hope that helps,

Duke of Metal

• Members

I have a Sennheiser Digital 1000. There's a rackmount adaptor that you can get for it. It will fit in a rack, if that's where you want the receiver. I stuck mine on my pedalboard, for better or for worse, and like the fact that I have a very short run from my receiver to my wah pedal.

Nick

• Members

The rackmount adapter set me back somewhere between $15 and $30, I can't remember exactly. I had my local Guitar Center order me one. It took a few days, and I had to talk to someone intelligent to get it. There's also an adapter which functions as an antenna mount, but I saw no point to it; I've used mine on large stages with zero problems.

• Members

Those additional antennas are recommended for playing on big stages or in places where there's poor reception. The Digital 1000 is a pretty strong unit. My practice space is in my attic, and I can go into the basement, three stories below, and have no dropouts--according to people listening to my playing.

Nick

• Members

I haven't had any need for one, and I've played large venues with it no problem. No coliseums or anything, but if I was, I'd probably have something with more than four frequencies (and something more expensive, since my label would be paying it anyway ;))

There IS an antenna rackmount adapter unit thing that you can buy, but in my opinion, unless you're playing with Aerosmith and Kiss this summer, you're not playing anywhere you'll need it.

• 1 year later...

Archived