How many G-Force users do we have?

• Members

I am having serious thoughts about a G Force to match up with either a Diezel VH4S or a Herbert head. Who's using them and how do you like them? How user friendly are they? I had a Lexicon G1 but did not find it to be the most user friendly.

• Members

i've had mine for about 5 years and i love it. it's pretty easy to set up simple presets, but it's such a deep machine, i'm still discovering nice things to do with it. the control options are seemingly never-ending and the creative possibilities are only limited by your imagination!

there's a good yahoo group here, if you need more questions answered...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tc-g-force/

cheers

sim

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I just bought a G-Force a few days ago. I decided to try it based on the advice from my peeps over at the amp forum(holla!).Its definitely an awesome machine.I got the unit used for $850 like brand new in the box to go along with an eventide h3000se that I recently picked up used also. I run the G-Force through the fx loop of my Engl Powerball. I get the best results when running it in serial through the loop. It gives my guitar a very polished feel that really sounds good when playing live. I play what you can conveniently call death metal. Live,all the weird parts cut through perfect.

I'm still trying to find the perfect way to incorporate the G-Force and the Eventide together at the same time. I love each of the units' strengths both units together cant possibly too much of a good thing. So far the SWitchblade seems to be the key for what Im thinking of but any suggestions would definitely be appreciated.

If I had to choose one, considering I play live and I also record at home, I'd have to go with the G-Force.

• Members

i use a g-force and an h3000 together. i use both units in series, between the preamp and poweramp. the g-force is used for all my basic sounds and lots of weirdness and then i use a continuous controller pedal to bring in the h3000 on top to further twist things up. i would say that i don't play rock or metal and the weirder the better in my book, so i don't know whether that particular scenario would neccessarily work for you.

i guess you need to think about whether you want to run both units in series or parallel. series is easy, but parallel would require some sort of mixer/switchblade scenario. i guess you could also have a think about splitting the functionality of the two units, so the h3000 handles all the chorus and reverb duties, but the g-force handles everything else, for example. the possibilities are pretty endless!

cheers and have fun!

sim

• Members

Thanks Simeon. I went to your site and judging by your clips and pics I must say; awesome. My girlfriend who is sick of hearing guitars and all these annoying effects that I play with for hours was totally compelled by your playing. You've definitely got the whole F/X thing covered like a rubber.

Do you run the G-force straight into the Eventide or vice-versa? I'm really trying to find the optimal setup for my equip. I would rather run everything serial because I get the most musical results that way. I think the sounds that you get are awesome. I hooked up both units to a boss ls-2 line mixer(yeah, I know) so i could run the units parallel and was not satisfied with the results. So far I havent heard anyone on these forums get the sounds you get. I know youve got a lot of other gear that you use but it seems that the G-force is your main machine. Please point me in the right direction. :)

• Members

i suppose it depends on what you're going for, i guess. the g-force is definitely the heart of my system - i had it for about 5 years before i got the eventide, so i had about 60 patches that i used regularly. then i got the eventide, so it made sense to me to use it to colour, or mulch up the patches i already had - like an extra, optional layer of weirdness on top. so the g-force runs into the eventide (my mate made me some balanced jack to cannon leads to connect them up).

the g-force has been criticised in the past for being a bit thin sounding, but i find running it into the eventide softens it up a little bit - i guess this is because the eventide is only 16bit.

personally, i'd suggest running the two in series, but maybe some other guys on the forum who have both these units could chip in and explain how they run them - i'm sure they'd have plenty of interesting setup ideas!

cheers!

sim

ps - if you need any g-force tips, please feel free to email me

Archived