Rack Equalizers

• Members

Yes...no.....not finding a lot. I don't really know if i even should be looking into them as well, but its best to not overlook thngs and then later find out that "{censored} i need one of those.."

Anyways, i'm thinking that a parametric would be better even though a little harder to learn, but more effective in the long run. That being said, it seems there is a lackage of them in the single channel, quality $200-$500 range. So far i've seen the Ashley PQX571, a Rane PE15 or 17 or an Alesis two channel tank thing and im soley looking for a single channel, single space jobby.

Opinions....comments....personal experiences...

Later,

Amory

• Members

Originally posted by jimfowler

there are two rane models. get the one with more buttons.

-jim

Defintly...because more buttons equals better tone:D ...no one addressed whether or not an EQ is a necessary piece for shaping your tone, or if that money would be better spent on the amp?

P.S....how's the KSP-8 treating you now Jim, after the honey-moon is long gone? I'm looking for a place to test-drive a mangler but so far dealers to carry them or far and few.

• Members

two companies that build affordable eqs: BSS

How does the BSS compare to the Speck ASC ? I was considering the Speck but I remember reading it might not be the best choice if you use it directly in front of your amp since I dont have an effects loop.

• Members

the bss is a little more felxible, but the speck is a killer little box. if i recal correctly, two of the bands on the speck are semi-parametric. i'd put the eq immediately after the preamp, so if you don't have an effects loop or a preamp/poweramp setup, i'd be a little wary.

-jim

• Members

the bss is a little more felxible, but the speck is a killer little box. if i recal correctly, two of the bands on the speck are semi-parametric. i'd put the eq immediately after the preamp, so if you don't have an effects loop or a preamp/poweramp setup, i'd be a little wary.

-jim

I don't understand :confused: I don't have an effects loop but why exactly is this eq not good to put in front ? Is it because of the output level ?

Archived