Johnson J-Station fart problems

• Members

Whenever I use my J-Station at low volumes, it sounds fine. But when I turn it up loud enough for band practice (on any speakers, I've tried it on four different cabs) it "farts." I don't know if there's a proper term for it, but I would think most people know what I'm talking about. Is there any way to remedy this? Would one of those MXR EQ pedals do anything? Or can I just not use this live?

• Members

What type of amp are you plugging the

J -Station into. It might be that you are overdriving the amp input which would cause it to distort [Fart]. If you are using a power amp try keeping the J-Station output lower an adjust the volume with the amps controls.

• Members

Hey Mantra,

if you are using the Dud Rectumfrier patch it farts no matter..........some J-Stations are extra bassy for some reason-if you are using it as a pre turn off the cab sim,and use the tunable compression to soften the frequency that is farting..........it only should fart in the lower note regrister..........

If you roll back the Bass on that recto model it sucks more........but then again mesa sounds crap anyway-it is the only J-Station model that farts in my experience,and one of the worst for a "normal" preamp tone..........

Chris........

Archived