Lead 2 Red (Mark III searing boogie lead) mode

Gain ..... 8.0

Treble .... 4.5

Middle ..... 3.5

Bass ........ 3.0

Lead 2 Drive 9.0

Presence ..... 5.0

Dynamic Voice 6.0

Try that one out, nice, smooth and sizzly, well balanced without too much of anything IMO.

Of course, tweak to taste and try poweramp options too if you got 'um.

• Members

Thanks Elgrinder.I tried it out with my mesa 290 poweramp on deep and modern mode and it sounded very nice.Very nice attack to it.Come on guys any other settings.Looking for some real nice heavy tones.Any of you got them for the lead 2 yellow mode?Paul

• Members

Glad that you like it. One trick I like trying is dialing in those settings, then switching modes to Lead 2 Green or Lead 2 Yellow. It's an easy way to try the same settings on a different mode without having to dial them in again. On Lead 2 Yellow, it should sound similar, just with less sizzle and a little more grit.

• Members

Yea,I do that also.I have some great tones that I have come up with myself.I am just trying to get some other opinions on good tones.When you like a certaine sound and want to try somthing else its hard to get away from your sound.So I figured I would ask here and try and get other opinions.I hope that makes sense to you.If you ahve any other cool settings let me know.You can even e mail them to me parntz145@msn.com Thanks again Paul.

Archived