Mosvalve Power Amp

• Members

yes.I have one . been using it for over twelve years.heavy club use. the closest thing to tubes (without actually getting a tube amp)you will ever get.sounds very warm.its built like a tank,once,some drunk idiot knocked my whole rack over and the mosvavle took the brunt of the fall.it had its front handles bent in.turned it on and ,no problem.that was ten years ago.for the money there is no better.i would buy another in a minute.

• Members

the 942 is the somewhat newer version i believe. i think its exactly the same power amp,but with a different paint job,and knobs.my friend has the the 1160,its the latest version,and is exactly the same in every detail as my 962,except for the paint job.i cant find any difference's.you can pick up a 962 real cheap,and you wont be sorry. its not a mesa or anything. but its damn close for a solid state amp for low $$$.:) all the reviews on this site are excellent.

see the latest versions here.....

http://www.genzbenz.com/images/page/mv1160_1500.htm

http://www.genzbenz.com/mva.htm

:)

• Members

I know it is cheap in the second hand market. But i am living in Hong Kong and the 110v power amp doesn't suit here. So i got to buy an old stock MV 942 in my local dealer. If the sound of MV 942 is similar to the MV 962, i think i will dig for it.:D

• Members

Hey guys

I would want to know is the voltage of Mosvalve MV-962 is switchable or not? Because i am living in Hong Kong and my place is in 220V. So i afraid i need to chnage the transformer of the MV-962 if i buy it 2nd hand in Ebay. Thanks a bunch.:D

• Members

Originally posted by slyder

yes.I have one . been using it for over twelve years.heavy club use. the closest thing to tubes (without actually getting a tube amp)you will ever get.sounds very warm.its built like a tank,once,some drunk idiot knocked my whole rack over and the mosvavle took the brunt of the fall.it had its front handles bent in.turned it on and ,no problem.that was ten years ago.for the money there is no better.i would buy another in a minute.

What preamp are you using with the Mosvavle?

• Members

I actually have three different preamps.(and a bunch of different FX units) Marshall JMP-1, ADA-MP-1 classic,mesa Triaxis.I now mostly use a marshall el84 20/20 for my main poweramp. and the mosvalve is for my backup rig. but i used the mosvalve as my main power amp with the JMP-1 and the ADA for a long time. its been very reliable .and it sounds really good-very tube like.:D

• Members

I never messed with the mosvalve stuff, never really thought about it until recently, I knew a guy years ago that played nothing but mosvalve, cabs, power amps, pre, but he was really cheesy, and I always just associated that with the mosvalve stuff. I may have to check em out as a back up to my marshall.

I'm getting an Engl 530 preamp to replace a couple of my ADA's that I dont really like taking out of the house, so I ay see how the mosvalve will sound with it.

• Members

Hey!

If you guys look at the back pic of the Mosvalve, you can notice there is a word (2A 240 VAC). Does it mean the mosvalve can run in 220 voltage if i have changed teh fuse to 2A? I don't know much is electronic stuff. Hope you guys can help me.

• Members

I have sent a mail to Tube Works and they replied me that i need to rewire the MV-962 in order to run it in 220V. But they did tell me the Mosvalve 1160 has a voltage switchable function. So is there any guy here know where can i buy the 1160 via the internet. Because my local dealer doesn't have any Tube Works stuff anymore. Thanks :D

Archived