Whats The Best Reverb/delay Unit Out There

crabby

• Members

eventide for effects. you pay through the nose and you'll get more than you're looking for, but it's pretty hard to beat eventide.

on the other hand and in the realm of semi-dedicated boxes, i've got a kurzweil ksp8 and kurz recently came out with two smaller boxes that use the same presets (less routing and sheer depth) and one does verb and delay...might wanna check it out.

-jim

• Members

JIM,im looking at the tc 2290. i have a g-major,i will be buying a switchblade,to control all my stuff.i have a lot of special stomps,i just want the bomb of delay rev,chorus.is the 2290 better than the gmajor,how bout lexicon mpx 550 or the mpx 1?.the gmajors flange,phase and tremelo are hoorible.hows the fireworx?

• Members

the 2290 is great (ask tuvok for details) but it's old as {censored} and hard (if no impossible) to upgrade. you'll get much more flexibility out of a newer box and eventide's recent OS update for the bigger boxes has a 2290 patch.

personally, i don't like lexicon reverb...too subtle for me. on the other hand, tuvok is a big lex fan, so hit him up for info on these. i think he's got a pcm81 or 91 or both...

never dealt with tc gear but the fireworx looks like a neat piece of kit.

good call on the switchblade. you're gonna love it. definitely ditch the gmajor.

i can only comment extensively on the kurzweil and eventide boxes. if you want the long story, let me know and i'll tell you what i know.

-jim

• Members

It would be pretty hard to go wrong as long as you stick to a brand new, top name product by Yamaha, Lexicon, TC etc. Unless you are trying to model a specific set of parameters such as spring reverb then it

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by alby

There is a clear winner in the stomp box arena however and it is every bit as good as many of the rack units and very cheap too! The Yamaha Magic Stomp, you cannot go wrong.

Ditto on the Magic Stomp. Lots of cool reverb and delay sounds, and they can be combined in parallel or in series.

Just last night I discovered the 'Mod Reverb' sound, which is Reverb -> Chorus. Does a very cool, gentle sound on long notes. (If anybody knows Yes' Relayer album, it sounds like the beautiful, slow guitar solo at the end of the first side before Jon A. sings the last verse.)

-- Joe

Archived