Who's successfully updated their G Major to 1.26?

jisham

• Members

I downloaded the update from the TC Electronic site and bought the Midiman UNO as suggested in the updated instructions. I've been trying for three {censored}ing days to get my G Major to update and it just won't work. I've been exchanging emails with TC Support for three days and they are zero help -- their suggestion is to buy a different midi interface, which I'm absolutely unwilling to do. They also say there is a typo in the instructions (after pressing "Update" on the software there is no "Press Send" command).

So, if you've updated successfully, could you please tell me how you did it? I'm using Windows XP and from my reading here it looks like someone else had a problem using XP.

I'm about ready to send the damn G Major back and buy something else.

• Members

Originally posted by Martin Straka

Are you getting anything at all? When you hit update does the G-Major display start counting numbers? Give me some more info on what is happening.

No the numbers don't start counting at all even though my PC shows that the transmission is happening. The numbers stay at 000. Thanks.

• Members

I will assume you did this but just incase

Connect the Midi Out from the Uno to the Midi in of the G-major?

This one I missed

Press "TAP" after you set the display to read download DSP code.

Do you have more than 1 option under the "select Midi output port that your device is connected to"

I have the Uno and XP and had no problems with it.

• Members

I don't have one of those Midiman UNO or even a G Major, but I have experience in transfering data from computer to _____.

If you have any other MIDI type gear, or knows someone that has, try to dump the memory onto the computer using a software editior - something like Sound Quest Midi Quest XL. This will tell you if the Midiman is the problem or not.

Another fairly common problem is that the _____ will time out waiting for the computer to send the "ok, i'm ready" signal. Even though the computer says it is transfering, the receiving end may have already timed out.

• Members

I was able to update my G Major with no problem. Though I haven't gotten into it enough to have noticed any of the bugs I've been seeing people posting about. I've only had it for a few weeks and I'm still learning how to use it.

You did follow the instructions, right? If you've spoken with TC's tech support, I'm sure you have... Just asking.

http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tcsupport.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1380

Perhaps there's a problem with your MIDI interface? So you have the latest drivers for your Sound Card installed? What version of Windows are you using? Have you installed the latest updates for it too?

Not trying to be condescending. :) I'm just trying to think of all of the things that might be keeping this from working for you.

• Members

Are you sure your MIDI OUT connection [for me, a Hoontech DSP Value with digital I/O] is working properly? You can call me if need be. I'm in Georgia, USA, but I haven't experienced the problems others have, but I have emailed TC about the differences of my experiences. My update works flawlessly with the Axess Electronics MFC5. All the CC numbers, MOD's, relays work fine.

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz/Rock

Are you sure your MIDI OUT connection [for me, a Hoontech DSP Value with digital I/O] is working properly? You can call me if need be. I'm in Georgia, USA, but I haven't experienced the problems others have, but I have emailed TC about the differences of my experiences. My update works flawlessly with the Axess Electronics MFC5. All the CC numbers, MOD's, relays work fine.

Well Windows XP shows the UNO as a working device and when I start the G Major update, the UNO's MIDI OUT light comes on and stays on during the transmission so I'm sure it's working. Is there something else I should check?

You can email me your phone number to jdisham@comcast.net

Thanks bro!

• Members

Well I just switched the UNO's cables (i was using the cable marked "MIDI OUT") and it worked great using the UNO's MIDI IN cable...go figure. Anyway, I'm good to go now. Damn, I wasted three days on this LOL!

Thanks for everyone's help.

• Members

Does anyone have any specs on the improvements in 1.26/1.27? Is it just feature tweaks or does it improve the sound of the unit. I don't have a midi interface on my computer so is it worth going through the effort?

On a related note, I have a laptop so I can't install cards into it. Is there a midi interface that hooks up to USB?

• Members

I was told the only difference between the two was midi controller compat issues with 1.26, but not all controllers are affected, it depends on the specific controller. I had to upgrade to WinXP, and I think it was worth the $99. Even though the dry-kill thing isn't important to me [i'm a serial loop guy] there are upgrades in the reverb and pitch, but most important is that the EQ can now be footswitched via midi controller. THat in itself, was a big thing for me. But there are other ways around that, with simple program change control. Of course they make midi/USB converters, so you shouldn't have a problem. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--MDOUNO I'm not upgrading to 1.27 unless mine starts acting up.

Archived