Short power cords

• Members

Does anyone know of a place to get very short 120volt power cables- the standard detachable ones that most amps and rack units use (as well as computers). I'm looking for ones that are like 6 inches.

I would assume these would be fairly common since I'm sure most people with racks could use them (I have about five of these in my rack and they're all folded up and taped tight, but there's really no point in them being that long at all), but for some reason I can never find ones shorter than like 3 feet.

Apparently you can also just buy the ends and the cable and cut them to the right length, but do you have to be good at electrical work to do that?

• Members

You can use male / female plug ends and 3/14 or 3/12 with SJ or SO equivalent cable. Home Depot will set you up just fine, nothing to it. I have been a pro fully licensed electrician for 24 years and can attest that anyone can do it.

• Members

What they said.

I have a friend in the PC install business, and he got me a bunch of 6 ft (IEC) Power cables. All I did was cut them to length, and put on new 3 prong ends, from Home Depot. Nothing to it.

Joe

Archived