how do you use your gforce with the switchblade gl

• Members

how are you guys using it,which benifits?cani still use the gforce along with the all acess running through the switchblade as a stompbox or if i just want to switch through presets on g force,or do i have to set up a diff preset on switchblade for every preset i want to use in g force?tnks chris

• Members

huh?

gforce - effects processor

switchblade - routing matrix

all access - midi controller

what part of this do you not understand? being serious, not mean. switchblade can pass midi or you can buy a splitter to get midi to both the blade and the gforce. why would you need to change patches in the blade when you change patches in the gforce?

-jim

• Members

Well I don't have the Switchblade, but I have the MC-8 Sound Sculpture that came before it. The SS really doesn't affect what you can do with it. I have it in two loops of the MC-8 and i am switching Pitch and Delay in/out with instant access switches on my ground control pro.

• Members

...and you can set the 'blade up to transmit midi messages inside of a 'blade patch...so instead of passing midi (and therefore you needing to edit on the all access), you can edit on the 'blade.

it's all in the manual.

-jim

• Members

LOL Being the last to come to the Switchblade pack ;) I think I know what Crabby is experiencing. It's that initial shock of realizing the SB is exactly that Jim - a Routing Matrix as you have eloquently put (ohh big words) and somehow it seems to confuse everythign cause all you see is everything going through it and not really connecting how it interfaces w the rest of your rig. That being said I think Crabby is refering to using the G Force's CC's for turning on/off some of the effects w/in a patch - AND also does he have to reconfigure a new SB patch everytime he wants to include the G Force.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Crabby. If this is what yopu want to know - all CC's work the same through the G Force still - just assign each effect to your All Access corresponding switch. I'm iffy if that is what you were aksing - but pretty sure on the recofniguration thing -

here's what I do - I have a Mod Pro, an Echo pro, and the G Force as well as a few pedals here and there. I'll have some patches in the SB w Mod Pro and G Force. I'll use the delay of the G force and the MXR FLanger off the Mod Pro. On another preset (AA) I'll have G Force Reverb w Mod Pro Dimension C - because I'm still using the same 2 devices, I can pretty much use the same patch and tell the AA to call up whatever patch/effect I want on either 2 processors. Obviously this differs for whatever is in your rack - but there are so many configs you can work w. The rest is finding out which patches you want out of said configuration. In simple terms - it's a buttload of options on a grander scale than you are used to thinking - but once is grasped opens a whole lot of doors. Hope that helps -

Rai //

www.DatsMusic.com

Archived