lexicon mpx100

• Members

Originally posted by JohnnyD

i've seen a cheap one of these for sale. would it be worth buying for my guitar rig? can you select patches via midi? is there any delay in switching patches or anything? or are they more for PA applications?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Maybe.

Mine works great in my rack. Yes it has a noticiable dealy when you change patchs, but i think it's normal in digital gear. It has an input jack for bypass and another one for tap, that's very useful for guitar players (Though it's not a device specific for guitar)(You can work bypass and tap via midi controller too).

It's not a specific multieffects for guitar, but being GOOD, it will work ok with guitar rigs: Nice reverbs, nice delays, chorus, detune... it's stereo... programable... Oh, it has an effect where you can play a phrase and then make the device to repeat it forever while you play other stuff on that phrase. That's very cool too.

Oh, and it is VERY light!

I hope this help.

• Members

thanks for that, i put in a bid on ebay so i'll see what happens.

the only issue is that of the delay when switching patches but if i set up my midi controller properly i guess i could use the top row of buttons to control the lexicon and the bottom row to control the rest of the rack. then i could pre-select the lexicon patch beforehand and then switch it into the signal a few seconds later on, coz my pre-amp has a switched fx loop. not that i'd switch many patches on it much anyway, i'd mainly use it for reverb/delay on clean sounds.

• Members

thanks for that, i put in a bid on ebay so i'll see what happens.

the only issue is that of the delay when switching patches but if i set up my midi controller properly i guess i could use the top row of buttons to control the lexicon and the bottom row to control the rest of the rack. then i could pre-select the lexicon patch beforehand and then switch it into the signal a few seconds later on, coz my pre-amp has a switched fx loop. not that i'd switch many patches on it much anyway, i'd mainly use it for reverb/delay on clean sounds.

You can use the bypass jack and tap jack to operate it without the midi. Then, you'll change channels in your preamp via midi, and just switch the effects on/off with the pedal. In one of the bypass "modes", When you switch it off, there is no output from the effects unit (good for parallel loops), in the other mode, when you switch it off, you get the input "clean" sound straight to the output (good for serial loops). Unless you need to change the kind of effect within the song, that's all you need.

• Members

hey, thanks for the reply.

i reckon i'd want to change fx a few times during a song, so i reckon it'd be best to set it up on a different midi channel from everything else and have it operating off different buttons on my footswitch. i'm just guessing though, i don't really know too much about the whole midi thing. i also got a bid on an intellifex at the mo too so i'll be able to compare the two, if i win both. i reckon the intellifex would be better at instant patch changing but maybe the reverbs/delays might not be as good as the lexicon? i dunno....

• Members

hey, thanks for the reply.

i reckon i'd want to change fx a few times during a song, so i reckon it'd be best to set it up on a different midi channel from everything else and have it operating off different buttons on my footswitch. i'm just guessing though, i don't really know too much about the whole midi thing. i also got a bid on an intellifex at the mo too so i'll be able to compare the two, if i win both. i reckon the intellifex would be better at instant patch changing but maybe the reverbs/delays might not be as good as the lexicon? i dunno....

Well, i think that the intelliflex is in a higher quality level. Think that the mpx100 must be the cheapest lexicon ever. I really enjoy the mpx100 'couse it's very simple to use it, and as i'm not a lot into effects, it's not worth for me to get a very complicated unit.

Fuinally, a very nice virtue of the MPX100: It's soooo light!!!!

Archived