Two Preamps Anyone?

• Members

Hi guys. I'm just about to receive a Voodoo Modded ADA MP1. I'm Planning to use it with my JMP1 in parallel. Has anyone used two preamps at the same time?

I probably will go with High Gains on the ADA and Cleane/Crunch sounds on the JMP to make my tone a Little bit fuller. I'll be using a Whirlwind A/B/Y Box to merge or select the signal from either one of the preamps, since the next step on the Chain is a Digitech GNX1 unit that accepts only mono signals. As Soon as I get it, I'll be posting some clips.

Peace.

• Members

To be honest.. i dont think using the GNX with rack gear is a good idea. I know some people and seen and heard alot who have tried it and these units tend to suck alot of tone from your signal.

If you were going to use it as a signal splitter, then try to get your hands on a cheap Boss pedal that has 1 input and 2 outputs.

Duke

• Members

I use two preamps simultaneously. I also use a Whirlwind selector, it gets the job done but I know there's better stuff out there to use. I had the Lehle dual pedal and it really sounded great, then it got stolen and I bought the whirlwind as a quick replacement and haven't bought a nice splitter yet. I love the way my two preamps blend together though.

• Members

Another option would be to get a small mixer such as a Behringer UB802. This would allow you to run both preamps at the same time. Then you can use the FX send to the GNX1 and mix in as much of the FX as needed for each preamp. This would give you much more flexibility while solving impedence problems.

• Members

Originally posted by ocnor

Another option would be to get a small mixer such as a Behringer UB802. This would allow you to run both preamps at the same time. Then you can use the FX send to the GNX1 and mix in as much of the FX as needed for each preamp. This would give you much more flexibility while solving impedence problems.

Boss's LS-2 can be used as a small mixer too and it's footswitchable. Worth checking out, IMHO. I've got one and it's just flat-out a great gizmo to simply have around. It can save you in a pinch under a number of circumstances.

Archived