Dyno TriChorus (Songbird, Dytronics)

• Members

They are a totally different sound than a 1210. The tri has three separate chorus units each with their own controls where the 1210 is a single chorus voice. Also the sound is different. I haven't used a Tri-Stereo since they are soooo rare but I have heard a lot of recording with them and know a few gents who have them. I think that they would say that the 1210 is much cleaner/slicker sounding where the Tri is warmer, thicker and bigger sounding. But that said you can do some very good Tri-Stereo sounding chorus effects with a Rocktron Intellifex 8-Voice chorus algorhyhm.

• Members

Dont waist your time or the money. The tri stereo chorus is a good sounding unit but there are many other unis out there that do it just as good if not better.

Roland

Rocktron

even line6 has a pretty good version. The difference in sound is really not worth the extra 1500 that it will cost for a tri stereo. I know I have been trhough 4 of them and still own a songird and a dyno my piano. Why do I keep them? Becasue people that I rent my studio to believe they have some kind of magic. Funny thing is when I a/b them unknwingly to them they usually prefer the sound of the line 6.

• Members

I have both the TC Electronic TC1210 and the Roland SDX-330, both are good units, but they do not do the TriChorus sound. The TC1210 does get close in regards to being basically two choruses in the same box, which allows you to do the spatial expander thing and the SDX-330 with it's technology can almost do a surround sound kind of thing, but the TriChorus is unique. But the Roland is the most flexible of all because of it's midi implementation. The TriChorus earned it's legend status like the Roland Dimension SDD-320, but they are close to being one trick ponies. The decision comes down to what you want.

TheGrooveking

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Dont waist your time or the money. The tri stereo chorus is a good sounding unit but there are many other unis out there that do it just as good if not better.

Roland

Rocktron

even line6 has a pretty good version. The difference in sound is really not worth the extra 1500 that it will cost for a tri stereo. I know I have been trhough 4 of them and still own a songird and a dyno my piano. Why do I keep them? Becasue people that I rent my studio to believe they have some kind of magic. Funny thing is when I a/b them unknwingly to them they usually prefer the sound of the line 6.

I own a ModPro and only because of the tri-chorus. I have never try a Songbird or a Dyno so can you tell me what the different is between the realthing and a ModPro. And are the depth and speed of the ModPro react identical as the Songbird/Dyna ?

Martin

• Members

Hey ateng,

The Line 6 Modulation Pro effects unit is a great multi-effects unit for covering all the modulated pedal sounds. Good enough for Steve Lukater & Steve Stevens as well. The Tri-Stereo chorus is a great rackmount chorus to have, but not at the price they're asking for it and lack of technical support if it breaks down.

Guitar George

Archived