Will this fry my amp....

• Members

Since most pedals and rack people know a bit more about effects loops and things of that nature, I figured I might ask this here for a bit of knowledge...here's how I've got everything set up, please don't ask how it's working...it just is and I just want to know if it will blow my amp up...

Guitar going into the HIGH input of my amp(peavey transtube supreme head)

The SEND of the effects loop into the OUT of a rat pedal the IN of the pedal going to the LOW IN of the amp.

It basically sounds and the way it is running I think is kind of ghetto rigged cascading gain, please let me know if this will fry my amp.

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by Facing Failure

Since most pedals and rack people know a bit more about effects loops and things of that nature, I figured I might ask this here for a bit of knowledge...here's how I've got everything set up, please don't ask how it's working...it just is and I just want to know if it will blow my amp up...

Guitar going into the HIGH input of my amp(peavey transtube supreme head)

The SEND of the effects loop into the OUT of a rat pedal the IN of the pedal going to the LOW IN of the amp.

It basically sounds and the way it is running I think is kind of ghetto rigged cascading gain, please let me know if this will fry my amp.

Thanks.

What the hell :D I'm surpised that you actually get anything from that being setup that way. I think the only thing I would worry about would be the path after the loop or the input to the pedal(but what do I know? not much!!!) good luck with that:confused:

• Members

WTF ???

You connect an fx send to the output of a pedal and when you switch the pedal on there is still sound going through it? Strange. And even more strange is the thing that you are connecting the fx send of your amp back to it's own input. This should cause a huge feedbackloop which won't be pleasent. Maybe the ill placed Rat is saving you from this. But what you're trying here ain't a good idea.

Whats wrong with placing the Rat between your guitar and amp?

Maarten

Archived