effects question..

• Members

Ok as I have said before in other threads my band plays music in the styles of evergrey, children of bodom, dream theater etc. We aren't exactlylike any of them and play originals but those are good comparisons. Anyways, I need a delay for solos, chorus for slow stuff, and I'll probably be using a little reverb on the distorted tones so it isn't so dry. I was also thinking a phaser would be cool. I was planning on getting the intellifex, but it doesn't have a phaser so then I thought about the replifex but my friend has it and the phaser on that sucks. So now I'm thinking I maybe should just go with pedals, but then there isn't as much versitality, but then agian how much do I need of this style. I havn't had much expierence with effects so I'm not exactly sure what I will decide to use donw the line. Any opinions?

• Members

I like the versatility a rack processor has. By pressing one button you can have chorus, delay, reverb, phaser or whatever you want in a particular part of a song. Plus once you have set up your presets there is no more dialing in varying amounts of what ever effect you need. Stomp boxes however are easier to set up generally and you can mix and match your favorites to get your desired sound.

I have the gmajor and the gforce. The gforce is in my main rack and the major is in the backup rig. They both would do what your looking to do and obviously ther gmajor is cheaper.

Archived