Who has the "best" rig?

• Members

I know I don't, but I saw "Hairbanger's Ball" the other week and their new guitarist had like a $12,000 rig. He had a G-force and an all-access and a Diezel head with 4 loops, etc.

I seem to remember someone on this board with a ridiculous rig. Does anyone have the picture or the link?

• Members

Lol, thats not all one single rig that groove king has. Its an insane collection of amps, surely used for various rigs of his. Also, if there is one "best" rig, he would probably not have so many racks.

There are many people on this forum with good rigs. Depends what you think is good; If your talking high quality and effective, or insanely huge with enough cable in the switching system to buy a couple cars.

• Members

I guess I don't really have a point. It seems as though it's too easy for items to become standardized though.

Example:

preamp - Mesa Triaxis

Effects - TC G Major

More effects - Intellifex

Power amp - Mesa 2:90,

Cabinet - Marshall or Mesa 4x12

Not that this is a problem, but I just wish there were more rack components out there.

Today, I plugged my trusty old ADA MP-1 straight into a Carvin solid-state power amp. I was blown away by how good the clean tone was. It was outstanding. The lead tones weren't too shabby either. It was nice to just step back and listen with all the effects and splitters out of the chain. BTW, I can't wait to get all my stuff rewired with my new line mixer!! That's why I dismantled my rack. Now I need another rack though for my power amp. Grinder, are you selling your 6-space rack case? I saw you consolidated your stuff into 2 four-spacers.

• Members

Hmm, actually, I just started using the 6u SKB as a TV stand (it just happens to fit this 19" Philips TV perfectly that my roomie said he didn't want anymore). And, I'm also using it as a storage bin for other stuff too, heh. SKB cases are great even when not using them for gear. I'd actually say the cheapest way to grab one is off of eBay.

Archived