Rack in the back

Lockjaw

• Members

I have seen racks that have a rack (or something like one) in the back of the case to tie cables and other things to. Does anyone know what these are and if I can put one in my skb rack-my cable situation is a mess. Thanks for any replies.

• Members

Hey!

You can use regular rack on both sides. This will be nice to hold cables or to hold some fear you don't have to see from the front. I have all my racks input(and out) plugs on the back of my rack.

Just remember to drill a hole and use standard screws and nuts to hold it together

Bjor

• Members

Those are just wire ties.

You can get wire tie harness blocks too. They are cheap and can be found at any hardware store.

If you are talking about the plate in the back with the speaker jacks etc.... you can get those here

http://www.clarkwc.com/catCustomPanels.htm

They are very easy to make, but if you are not into making things, they are relatively inexpensive.

Unless you are talking about the rear rack rails.

Here's a picture of the back of my rack. Sorry it's {censored}ty and old, but it's all I have here at work to post.

Wires.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Lockjaw

I was talking about the rails I pointed to in the attached picture. I have an skb rack, could I put these in it? I need to tie power cables and other things down to it.

I did something similar for a friend with a regular SKB, not the Roto cases.

I bought a piece of aluminum rail from Home depot with holes in it. I then took 4 small nuts and bolts with rubber washers to space it inward, and attached it to the existing rear rack holes.

Hope this helps.

If not, I'll try to figure out something for you.

Can you post a pic of the back of your rack?

Steve

Archived