Gmajor Amp Ch. switching?

• Members

I was very close to buying a $150 axess CFX4 switcher to switch the channels of my mesa dual rect 3ch via midi but now after doing some reading I found that I can switch the ch's of my head via the gmajor.The mesa 3ch dual default ch setting with no footswitch control is ch2 which I use 80% of the time anyways I just needed away to switch to ch1 and ch3 if I needed.Now this is what the gmajors website has to say about it im just wondering if any of you guys have tried this and how did it work.

http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tcsupport.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=kARndiuh&p_tbl=9&p_id=770&p_created=1033645752

http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tcsupport.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=770&p_created=1023277431&p_sid=kARndiuh&p_lva=455&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MiZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPXNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMT0xJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTExJnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9JnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9JnBfc2NmX2FjY2Vzc19sZXZlbF9pZD1_dXNlcl9hY2Nlc3N_JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWVzYQ**&p_li=

• Members

I have a rocktron multivalve running the switching on my Koch Multitone 3 channel amp. The channel switching technology and instructions for the multivalve are identical to the Gmajor. In fact, I used the instructions off the TC website to wire up the custom cable.

If you follow the instructions on the TC website for wiring up your cable, it should work perfectly. The channel switching is actually more seamless running through my midi-mate and the multivalve, than it was using the amp's supplied footswitch. I used to get "popping" sounds when switching channels at higher volumes, and now it is completely silent.

For $190 I got the multivalve (which is like the replifex) with complete modulation/delay effects unit plus midi channel switching. It was a great deal for me. The GMajor offers similar value, and you should use the switching feature if you can.

Good luck with it.

• Members

Well I just took a quick look at the manual's on the rocktron site and it looks like you can do the ch switching with the multivalve and the repliflex but not the xpression which looks like a great unit.Are there any other procceors that can do ch switching like the midiverb or anything?

• Members

Originally posted by sickwindsor

I was very close to buying a $150 axess CFX4 switcher to switch the channels of my mesa dual rect 3ch via midi but now after doing some reading I found that I can switch the ch's of my head via the gmajor.The mesa 3ch dual default ch setting with no footswitch control is ch2 which I use 80% of the time anyways I just needed away to switch to ch1 and ch3 if I needed.Now this is what the gmajors website has to say about it im just wondering if any of you guys have tried this and how did it work.

Works fine I've done it.

• Members

it works fantastically. i switch my dual rec 3 channel with my g-major. you will need an insert cable, which is a "Y" cable with a stereo end and two mono ends--1 wired to the tip, one to the ring. you can get these from hosa at guitar center or pretty much any music store. you plug the single stereo plug into the relay jack on the g-major and then (assuming you're using hosa) run the grey mono end into the switching jack for channel 1 and the red end into the jack for channel 3. then you dial in your relays on the front panel until the right combination of open and closed switches to the desired channel. you will only be able to switch the 3 channels, not do the solo boost...there is a q&a section on the tc electronic site that will run you through all of this. there are few things more satisfying than single tap channel and fx switching...:D good luck!!!

Archived