This is driving me nuts.

• Members

Okay, here is the setup -

Guitar -> GCX Switcher

GCX Switcher -> G-Major in loop 1, Flange pedal in loop 2

Loop 1 in/out to normal effects loop in Mark IV

Loop 1 send/receive to G-Major input/output

Loop 2 out to Mark IV input

My GCX will not recognize any loops being active. I have configured the Ground Control before, and previously used it with a Crate Vintage 50 in a serial effects loop setup. Any suggestions?

The G-major will switch channels on the Mark IV, but the Ground Control will not change midi patches, nor change channels.. so it has to be something to do with the GCX.

Hope that's clear enough

• Members

can you turn the loops on and off with the gcpro at all? have you added the gcx as a device on the gcpro? i don't have the gcx, but to get my gcpro to assign instant access cc's to my g-major i had to set up the instant access buttons as if they were gcx loops.

• Members

initialize everything, start from scratch. set the correct midi channels on both units, usually the midi controller has direct GCX loop access named in itself (the pedal). if you're doing all things right, call Voodoo, solid customer support.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr Ten

initialize everything, start from scratch. set the correct midi channels on both units, usually the midi controller has direct GCX loop access named in itself (the pedal). if you're doing all things right, call Voodoo, solid customer support.

That's probably what I'll have to end up doing. Thank you for your help.

• Members

I know you are going into the normal effects loop of your mark iv. But make sure the switch is set to normal...not switchable. I have done that several times.

Also before pulling it all down. Check that the in and out cables that are going to the mark iv are not backwards.

Meaning that the the return really isn't in the send and vice versa. I have done that as well!

Hope that helps you out.

Great amp choice as well.

GoodLuck.

~David

Archived