marshall jmp1 question

• Members

right now I'm running a gt-6 between pre and power, if only so that I can use all of the effects on the boss unit where they belong. by placing the jmp-1 in the effects loop of the gt-6, I can run gain-based effects in front and time-based after the pre.

I've played with the same unit in the loop and it seems that you can get better effected tones more easily (easier to set levels - just run 100% wet from the unit and adjust the jmp-1's effects loop to taste), but for patches that you want to keep dry then trigger effects on, it sucks tone - better to set your patches in the same bank and jump between them than have a dry one that you add delay to or whathaveyou.

just keep playing with it and see what you like.

cheers

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

I run mine through the loop when i do use effects.

have you noticed any tone loss when doing this?

i havent gotten into programming the JMP-1's midi yet, so is it possible to change volume of patches via CC#'s? or is it only patch switching?

thanks

• Members

Originally posted by FeistyPiranhas

thanks

yes. if you're running a dry patch, keep the loop level at zero to maintain the signal; if you don't, you're sending a signal out through the loop device(s) and sucking tone. if you're running a patch with effects, set level to taste.

• Members

Originally posted by FeistyPiranhas

i havent gotten into programming the JMP-1's midi yet, so is it possible to change volume of patches via CC#'s? or is it only patch switching?

thanks

I haven't noticed any tone loss. I set it at 6 most of the time and everything sounds great. I dunno about CC.

Archived