Building a Rack for my Road King

• Members

I'm in the process of building a rack unit to fly with my Road King Head,4x12 RK Cab. I just bought a Furman PL-Plus II Power Conditioner, and a Korg DTR-1000 tuner. I need a rack effect processor ( still banging the head on the desk trying to figure out which one), but would there be anything I need for this monster set up ?

• Members

How much efx do you use, how often, and what kind? Time based (delay, reverb), modulation (chorus, flange, phase)? Time based efx, IME, sound best after the preamp, or in the loop (parallel) of the amp. You could get a used Lexicon MPX500 or 550. Rocktron Intellifex or Replifex may be good too, I've never tried them so I can't say for sure. If you have pedals that you really like, you don't have to ditch them when going rack. Just get a switcher/looper like the DMC GCX or The Axess GRX4, and put your pedal in the loops. You might have to mod some pedal so that they are always on. I had to do that to a Boss AC-2 because I keep forgetting to turn it on.

• Members

I dont have ANY pedals, as Im looking to get all of my effects in a rack unit. Id use all the effects that you listed, but I dont like using effects all the time. But it would be nice to be able to toy with some, since its been a while since Ive used an effects system. I use to just plug into the (old) amp and play.

Archived