Some new pics of my revamped rig

• Members

Thanks Bro, the velcro crap mesa puts on the original front was lame, anytime you moved the head the thing would fall off. So I was in my garage and found this expanded metal and started cutting and bending, painted it and added some thumb screws to remove it when I need to swap out tubes and there ya go!!! Solved the problem and got a new look ;).

• Members

Yes & no... Got the hum reduced to tolerable levels, there was always a bit left though.

Jammed with my rig at full volume a few times in the last month. It's pretty amazing how low the harmonizer can take a guitar through the Strategy and my cab. I was actually hitting C on a 5 string bass pretty convincingly.

Anyhow, the rig is just too damned big to move. The hum never completely got taken care of and the Eventide, though it sounds beautiful, is a pain to actually use.

Besides those unfortunate points, I've been working in the music scene so much here (booking, promoting, stage managing) that I haven't even had time to play guitar outside of the three times this last month. Kinda hard to justify having such a big rig with all that.

• Members

Originally posted by El Grinder

Ah, what brings you back up?

Heh, let's see if I survive work + school 'til January.

I hated the job for which I was recruited, however, I was trapped in a one year lease. I find no point in paying $600 dollars a month when I can go live @ my parents house until I find a job I actually like. I'm really {censored}ing lonely here too. I did get really good at guitar though by practicing often.:(

Archived