Can I run a poweramp output back into my pc?

• Members

Originally posted by AlexJHolland

If I have an EMU1616 or similiar, which is an offboard USB recording input, is it possible to run my guitar through my preamp and poweramp, and then into that, to sample it live and run it back into the PA?

Thanks

Alex J. Holland

NOOOOOOO! NEVER EVER run the output of a power amp to anything but a speaker! Explain what you are trying to accomplish and maybe we can offer an alternate method.

• Members

Basically.. I want to create a rack based crunchy sound.. I might just run it live..but I am interested in running it back into my pc to {censored} up..

- How practical is micking it up with a 57 and running it into my pc?

Otherwise I might juse use it live.. Can I run a poweramp lineout into a PA?

Basically I'm doing mashup funk breaks with live guitars and very political MCing, it's a very aggressive, technical sound..

BTW: I used to be porcelina_oceania on the SP boards? Remember? I was the guy who occassionaly pissed everyone with my opinions lol..

Oh remember the days of Jim Banzini, the arsehole who obviously frequented HC and regurgitated everything he heard against us lol..

You heard about the new album?! (From SmashingPumpkins.com)

"it's official, The Smashing Pumpkins are currently writing songs for their upcoming album, their first since 2000. no release date has yet been set, but the band plans to begin recording this summer."

---

So yeah some help on these things, and your opinions on JMP1's would be great..

• Members

Lol thanks man, we shall see how it goes.. Early experiments indicate it can be a bitch to level, and you have to think carefully about what you play, and how you play it in particular.. You have to visualise your guitar as a synthesiser.. But when it sounds good, it sounds amazing..

• Members

it sounds good for me but ...i sold that machine.......

i use different type equipment to record my {censored} now. i upgrade to use protools to record so.....reamp......micing.....

you can try it .......it sounds not bad.

waht is digital chunk @@?

• Members

Digital chunk is a sound you will hear from me soon..

Basically I want a tone that has the tonal characteristics of very digital distortion, from high gain to a very thin sitar sound but with the beef of valves.

Thats layered in with breakbeats, lots of ethnic instrumentation and agressive swirling synthesisers, overdriven slap bass and very political/spiritual MCing from a 14 stone paratrooper who is our MC (off to Afghanistan in 4 weeks for 6 months!)

Eventually we want a {censored}hot hardcorefunk/powerhouse jazz drummer..

We go between very atmospheric soundscapes to Manga inspired HCDF chaos.. Everything with a very ethnic twist, in the timings and tones..

Archived