Brunetti Rockit rack amp

• Members

I've found this amp (Brunetti Rockit) on sale for $555. As they describe, the meeting of the hot sound produced by the tubes and the hexfet immediacy creates a great dynamic. So it's not exactly a tube amp, but the price for a new one is as the same as for the Marshall 9100, so I wonder if it's ok to get it for 555dollars for my home studio rack? What do u think?

• Members

I am probably the wrong guy to ask that question...I never liked Marshalls, and I don't like Mesa either...too grainy for my taste...

I prefer Engl and Koch, and Brunetti is also an excellent choice. I have had a chance to do some A/B testing with Engl Powerball, Mesa Stiletto and Brunetti XLR Evo...I liked Brunetti the most, but I would end up buying the Engl because it was cheaper. Mesa was out of question, because it was too expensive, and I didn't really understand what all the fuss was about. Mesa is a high quality amp, no doubt, but only if you like its character...So, to answer your question, you really need to try them all and decide yourself...good luck!

Archived