Rocktron Utopia G100

• Members

This is a new product..Has anyone had a chance to try it out? Audio samples are still not available on Rocktron.com, no European dealers have them yet and I am anxious to hear how it sounds...It lookd fine for home recording applications, mic'ing up my speaker cab is not an option, so this would be a great solution....

• Members

They are coming out with G200 and G300 next year.

I think they look pretty cool.... but will this be as good as rack gear? I mean honestly... is something like the Prophesy gunna be THAT much better than the next few Utopias to-be-released?

The G100 doesnt look to have quite everything a Chameleon has.

BTW I love how Rocktron's products aren't modelers.

• Members

Originally posted by Cooker

They are coming out with G200 and G300 next year.

I think they look pretty cool.... but will this be as good as rack gear? I mean honestly... is something like the Prophesy gunna be THAT much better than the next few Utopias to-be-released?

The G100 doesnt look to have quite everything a Chameleon has.

BTW I love how Rocktron's products aren't modelers.

Can you tell us a bit more about the G200 and G300? Are they better, expanded versions of G100? I can't find any info on the net...and yes, this whole euphoria about digital modelling is so annoying. Rocktron is different and I will never play anything else...

• Members

Originally posted by budalash

Can you tell us a bit more about the G200 and G300? Are they better, expanded versions of G100? I can't find any info on the net...and yes, this whole euphoria about digital modelling is so annoying. Rocktron is different and I will never play anything else...

I dont know anything about them, but I emailed Jim @ Rocktron and that was what he told me.

I'm pretty sure if you look at any other companies floor models thats how it will evolve

Such as the Zoom G2 G7 G9 ect... Or Digitechs line...

I still think Im gunna buy a Prophesy, but I really don't know. I have a Piranha and Zoom G9.2tt atm for preamps. Also have a Peavey XXL which is awesome but I like racks versatility

• Members

Prophesy must be cool, but a bit pricey for me at the moment. I am stuck with the Ultra GAP Pro for the time being...which I love! In fact, I love it so much that I was thinking of getting another one in case this one dies. They can be found relatively cheap on Ebay, though I hear they have started going up in price...

How do you like the Zoom? I have always thought they made only toys...after reading some reviews about the G9.2 tt I was curious to try them. I can't say I was impressed...Maybe if I spent a bit more time tweaking...

• Members

Everyone seems to like it... but I think the hype is a bit premature.

I guess its a decent unit, but Im thinking of getting rid of it. The only thing I use it for is playing with headphones in my computer room. Its built well, and the features are great. It is also setup well. I admit I dont like the whole "modeling" scene, but will use whatever works best. I may buy something smaller and less expensive to use headphones with. Maybe a G100??

As far as preamp, my Peavey XXL (SS) head is better. I have a Mesa 50/50 coming so I'll see how it goes with that. I guess I'm not really one way or the other with this unit.

A real Prophesy II woulda been sweet.... but the new presets do look pretty awesome. I want to check out Rusty Cooley's and of course Mustaines. How does that work if I buy the original Prophesy, how do I put the new presets on? Midi cable to computer?

Since every company is abandoning racks and going to floor units, I would like to ask if they are the same quality? Are rack preamp/multi units even worth it now or would a floor unit into a tube power amp be just as good?

Archived