Soldano SP-77

• Members

That Charvel in the pic == :love: :love: :love:

Soldano preamp. Charvel axe. 80's Metal incarnate. Yum.

I have a 3TM MP-1 and MP-1 Classic which also rule for that era... late 80's early 90's metal/rock was awesome. :thu:

At one point I was considering getting an X99 but got a spousal veto in spite of having the money. :( I might try to swing one of those or an X88R at some point if the gas starts again.

Soldano's stuff is just so cool! Great score man. Post some clips. Give me the GAS. :)

• Members

Originally posted by separanets

Can you tell me its weight. Maybe I will buy the same thing while one is on sale right now for $314. I will need to calculate the shipment costs so I need to now the weight.

Many thanks!

Sorry bro, it's mounted, but my guess is between 5 and 6 lbs.

I don't know how to help you. It weighs less than my access, much less than my triaxis.

I can find out the weight on the box monday.

• Members

it's the best pre i ever owned! got it used for around 300$ changed the tubes to four new EH hi-gain tubes, and it ROCKS!

The cleans are smooth and glassy, and the drive is pure raw and brutal.

it goes through my mesa 50/50 and it's a beast!!!

what can i say?! nice nice nice!!!!

• Members

mine is a japanese version - i think - it looks pretty old, but the tone is a lot like late 90's hard-rock. very punchy, raw and articulate at the same time... you can hear every note coming out clearly - i'd like to own a ton of those...

oh - i forgot to mention the clean channel - nice and sparkly *click* (bright switch on) nicer and sparklier :D

Me likes!

• Members

I don't know if it kicks the {censored} out of the triaxis - i never owned that one... yet...

What i like with the SP-77 is the no bulls interface (just two channels) and killer tone

I'd really like to try the triaxis though. i guess it's two different stories, as the soldano is meant to be like a hot rodded marshall or something - mesa's isn't...

i guess the weight is about 2 kilo for the japanese version... i haven't had it out of my rack since i bought it...

• Members

Originally posted by The Idiot

So it kicks the {censored} out of the triaxis? Why is it so cheap? Isn't Soldano stuff supposed to be a gazillion dollars....

I doesn't kick the {censored} out of the triaxis.

I actually miss my triaxis even though I have a CAE, the soldano, and the HK Access.

It's cheap b/c they use normal components like everyone else on this unit. (the x88 uses like airplane grade space shuttle pots and stuff).

+ there's hardly anything inside the unit.

I still need to try the studio and quad. There's a cool aggressiveness in mesa stuff that no other preamp has.

• Members

Originally posted by boogieman_dan

Well, at least ya saved the best for last.

:D

The cae 3 + is an interesting beast BTW.

a lot like the soldano with more bass and more clarity.

I still don't have a switching solution. I have to use a shorting plug right now.

BTW, I gave myself a nice shock last night being careless with some tube swapping.

Archived