Using the Digitech GSP 2101 with another preamp?

• Members

How can I use the Digitech GSP 2101 with another preamp?

I read through the whole owner's manual and stiil I can't understand it. How can I connect a foreign preamp like the Roctron Piranha or Egnater and the Digitech 2101 inorder to use the Digitech as an FX sound processor?

Thanks.

• Members

How can I use the Digitech GSP 2101 with another preamp?

I read through the whole owner's manual and stiil I can't understand it. How can I connect a foreign preamp like the Roctron Piranha or Egnater and the Digitech 2101 inorder to use the Digitech as an FX sound processor?

Thanks.

You can use the FX loop's returns. Set up the FX loop to *no sum*. This way you'll bypass the preamp section.

I just got a Gold Ltd Ed. 2101.

Scott

• Members

And should I use all the two plugs (L,R) for connection or I can use just one of them?

Ltd must be the best model out of the whole ragne 2101.

The LE version is cool because it comes with the dual S-discs. Twice the processing power, seamless patch changes, etc.

Use the L in for mono or use both L/R. Also, the FX loop is bypassed by default. Use the arrow keys by the FX buttons to pan right until you get the FX loop page and use the data wheel to change the status to *no sum*.

Scott

• Members

I connected a preamp like this: from an output of the preamp to the Digitech's FX return (Left, Mono) then I selected a program with algorithm F9 and set the loop to 'no sum'. The total signal proved to be very low but very overdriven with a lot of noise.

Archived