I love my studio pre!!!

grrrunge

• Members

I brought my mesa/boogie studio pre to the studio last night. Until yesterday i've only used it for direct recording via the compensated recording outputs, but as i plugged it in my 50/50 and cranked it up yesterday, it sounded like all the things i've heard in my head for years... The notes were litterally exploding out through the speakers. I've been using different compressor-stuff in the past to achieve the same effect, but this was just pure awesomeness!!

I'm in looove :love:

• Members

I wish it could have a feature to store settings in patches (because of the varity of sounds).

yeah - that would be nice, but actually i don't need it that much. As long as the lead channel gain knob is turned fully up, i'm happy! :p I use my soldano sp77 for glassy cleans and overdrive stuff, the studio pre for crunch and lead/heavy drives. i think i'm gonna swap the soldano out of the rack in favor of a cae3+ though, when i got money to spend some time.

• Members

I love my Studio too
:)
Lately, I've been using it for more lower gain stuff though but I have it setup so that it sounds great with several totally different guitars/pickups.

i love your entire rig - damn :love: but boy - do you bring all that along for playing venues?

Archived