Snake and Power to connect pedalboard and rack?

J.Paul

• Members

I've been building a new rack and pedlboard for the last month.Other than chasing some ground loops, I am ready to connect the two with a snake.Up until this point I've used a bunch of George-Ls with an extension cord and Radio Shack cable wrap for my snake (which works fine) but I'm ready to take it to the next level.I'm interested in having a snake made with a "one-plug" military pin (not sure how to get power yet).

Anyone got any experience with this? How about pictures?

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Is there any competition for the PedalSnake other than going to Whirlwind and getting an expensive custom unit?

Thanx

L

What I was originally referring to was the type of snake you would typically see on a Bradshaw/CAE type of system. Everything is custom and it

• Members

Dunno, but why would you want to? Pedalsnake is fantastic, I absolutely cannot fault mine. I just plug the 4 DIN plugs into the back of my rack, and I'm ready to rock.

+1

The other guitarist in my band has one too and it's just great. I'm going to order one in a couple of weeks for my rig. I looked at VDC multicore, but for the same price I can get a dedicated snake that will support midi and power interfaces. No tone loss either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry, had these sat on my camera for a few weeks but never got round to downloading them. Here's a shot of the pedalboard:

715.JPG

Here's a closeup of how the Pedalsnake is connected at the back of the pedalboard:

716.JPG

And here's how I have it attaching to the back of the rack. Nothing fancy, the three flyleads (two p-lines and one g-line) are just taped to the top of my MIDI thru box.

717.JPG

• Members

+2 on the pedal snake. I found a used 24' one with 3 right angle 1/4" and 3 straight 1/4" and 1 power for $40.

Bought a 1 SPOT adapter and 2 5 DC adapter's to power my GCP and my X2 wireless on the ground in front of me. I zip tied my 5-7 pin MIDI cable to it.

Definitely better than the surge protector, wall wart, extension cord method. I love mine.

Well worth it. :)

• Members

I thought about getting something like that for my setup, but i went the DIY route instead.

I have a power strip on my pedal board that powers everything along with an output jack on the board. So all i have is a single extension cord and a single instrument cable running from the back of my rack to my pedal board..

Since i built the output jack dealio on my pedal board, i can use whatever length cable i want to connect my board to my rack..

Here's some pics..

You can see the power strip on the back side..

IMG_0822.jpg

Output jack panel on pedal board (soon to be changed around)

IMG_9730.jpg

• Members

Yeah, that's really cool. I just couldn't be doing with pedals at odd angles, plus I would need 2 audio cables and a MIDI cable running to and from the 'board, and I don't really like the idea of 230v AC at my feet in some of the places I play (too much spilled beer!).

Archived