noobie rack question

• Members

Im gonna be putting a rack together soon and im wanting to know if i really need a power conditioner? can i not just use an extention cable?

If i were to get a power conditioner what companies make ones with uk socket connections, everyone ive seen on here is a US??

Thanks for any help!

• Members

You certainly don't really need a power conditioner. Unless you spend the big bucks, all you're really getting is a rack-mount power strip

I, personally, think that it's worth $50 to only have to deal with one power switch and one power cable when I'm setting up my rack. I think that even though they don't offer any really electrical advantage, the convenience makes it worthwhile.

• Members

Unfortunately they don't make them for UK plugs (from what I've seen anyway). The ones they make for over here use IEC connectors. You need to either get IEC to IEC cables, or you can wire it yourself.

Power conditioners can protect your equipment, and can eliminate any unwanted noise you can get from some power supplies

• Members

My power conditioner definately helped out in lowering noise in my recordings. I was getting some wierd hight pitched hum in my recordings that was a hassle to deal with. The power conditioner fixed it. Might not be as neccessary depending on if your using it for recording or live. It's also nice to know that all of my expensive equipment is protected from power surges.

Archived