Evidence Audio Monorail

• Members

Hi, I just bought a G-Major and want to start building my rack. But I need cables to connect them. I heard about the Monorail when they came out but didn't really care because I didn't need them yet. Are these cables good for connecting rack stuff ? How do they compare with the Mogami cables and other companies ? Thanks !

• Members

Your rig will only sound as good as its weakest link.

In my experience there's less difference between good and great cable than bad and good cable.

It's great stuff but I'm not sure it it's worth the up charge.

I bought the Mogami for $.75/foot and the monorail was like $3.50/foot

• Members

In an application like your effects loop you won't see any difference between Mogami and the really premium stuff. Any time you're talking about a buffered run of cable like your loop it doesn't make a difference. It's from your guitar to the first pedal/amp that's important.

• Members

In an application like your effects loop you won't see any difference between Mogami and the really premium stuff. Any time you're talking about a buffered run of cable like your loop it doesn't make a difference. It's from your guitar to the first pedal/amp that's important.

+...oh, say, +76,000,000

Get an excellent, well-shielded cable for your instrument cable, and all your patchwork can be standard fare in the back of your rack. Such short runs, such little cable capacitance, you'll never hear the difference back there. But if you have a chinsy cable from the axe to the amp, forget it!

Archived