Axess GRX4 Owners: What is your power supply & why?

• Members

I have a GRX4 on the way - and do not want to blow more cash than I need to on a power supply...

I just priced the Voodoo 2 unit and um, yeah...options that will not blow up the GRX4? :p

The GRX4 is the only unit that needs power.

• Members

Anything that's not switched-mode should be fine... so the Boss PSA120 (not the PSA120S) or something similar would be fine. I run mine from a Burkey Flatliner Pro, but that's even more expensive than the Voodoo unit. It is however also powering a Radial Headbone, 4 pedals, my line mixer and my All Access.

• Members

I have used a Boss PSA120 to power two GRX4's for years and it's always been fine. I used a OneSpot for at least a year before somebody started saying that you had to be careful what power supply to use, but I never had any issues with the OneSpot powering two of 'em plus a couple pedals...

• Members

I'm asking because the PSA120 has been discontinued and is somewhat hard to find - several merchants only have the switchable version (or they don't differentiate between the two).

I shot the question to Mario @ Axess Electronics - so we'll see what he says is a legitimate AND resonably priced unit.

I find it hard to believe that the only ok power sources to run a $250 unit is $200.

• Members

Looking at the list
here
, you basically need something with a transformer, not digital switching. So the Danelectro DA-1 or the Maxon AC210N would be fine as well.

Right-O, my friend! I just looked at my Boss Loop Station power supply this a.m. - and its a 200mA / 9.6V just like the Axess unit (its called PSA120-T) ... which are the same specs for the PSA-120.

Thanks! I didn't want to program the Axess unit...and then blow it up. :p

Archived