Has anyone ever tried the Mini strobe from musicians friend?

• Members

It is weak as far as strobes go, but as most people will say, strong strobes can be anoying. There are a couple of those around my house which I have used before in gigs, turned on for a solo along with a colored gel light to add a little effect.

• Members

our band has one that we use. it's not like a major strobe effect.. but i didn't want that anyway. some people with motion sickness really get put off with a major strobe effect. we use it more as a splash of strobe on the drum kit.. throw in a little fog.. and it looks alright.

• Members

I'm probably the only person in the world doing this, but I have about six dozen of those mini-strobes. They're hooked to a custom footswitch that I built, and with it I can control them in groups around the stage. I can blackout the light rig (if the LD runs me a blackout switch, which isn't too often -- usually I have to signal him about it before the show) and run the ministrobes at any particular band member, the drummer, or the backdrop at any point desired. They're all facing away from the audience, so there's no strobe complaints.

It's an interesting effect. I don't get to use it as much as I'd like, because it's a lot of {censored}in' wires to run.

Archived