whys this forum so dead

• Members

Partially people dont care about lighting. Little do they understand that whan playing music they are putting on a show. If no one can see them than who really cares. This forum is primarily a Rock and Roll forum and no matter what anybody says, Rock and Roll is a lot about the "look" a band has. Why wear the clothes, do {censored}ed things with the hair and simulate fellatio if no one will see it. Besides, when was the last time anyone went out to hear a band as opposed to going to see the band.

I had this arguement with my band. They did not realise that they need tobe the brightest thing in the bar, not the TVs. The lighting will separate the band from the audience, too. You want that seperation because of the subtle way it makes you just a little more special than people in the audiece, if only for that moment . If the people watching dont have that separation they will think they can do it too and maybe better. (And there are times they can!)

Lighting HELPS make it an event as opposed to some folks singing in the dark.

• Members

This forum has been used badly by some of the hitsquad forum members. It's quite common to come here and test posts or try and bump up your post count, if your really sad...

I work in the lighting industry so if anyone has any questions, I could try and answer them...

Regards

SteveR

• Members

It.s true about bands not appreciating the importance of lighting. We're about to get our band together enough to go gigging, so I said to everybody, "Let's sort some lighting out while we're sorting the music out". Blank looks, comments like 'we need to play properly first' etc.

Perhaps we should turn all the lights out and play in total darkness? Then the wrong notes will stick out even more. And we players might get hit if the audience throw things at the singer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Quart_Jester

before today i'd looked at this forum once it was so long ago i can't remember when, months, but the post i read is still number one.

the administrator posted that, its the first post on every forum.

Archived