Chauvet Stage Designer 24 Help

gbprs1

• Members

I recently bought a Chauvet Stage Designer 24 and can't get it to work properly. I must say the manual is WEAK and not user friendly at all. There is absolutely no mention of Dmx addressing and how to set up fixtures to match addresses. Plus, I am trying to clear all programs to start fresh and what the manual says to do doesn't work. I am trying to tell if this board is defective, I am a defective for not figuring it out, or the manual is bad (well I know it's bad). Any help would be appreciated. Emailed Chauvet a week ago--no response.

• Members

I am using a Chauvet Stagewash 950 set to address 1. How does this corrospond to the stage designer? I guess my question is on the dmx 50 controller it has buttins to select each fixture..button 1 is address one button two is channel 13 etc. so you address you fixtures accordingly. How does the Stage Setter deal with the addresses. There is nothing in the manual about this.

• Members

Let's assume I am using 2 martin scx500's (different addresses--8 channels of dmx)2 colorwashes (at the same same address 4 channels) and 2 color banks same address(4 channels). And I want a scene with all on. It seems I am going to run out of channels pretty quick. Maybe I am not getting the stage setter but what if I had 10 fixtures each with 8 channels--color gobo etc (all set to different DMX addresses) that I want to make a single scene for. How does the stage setter handle this..or doesn't it. I guess what I'm not getting is---I have a Martin scx set to dmx address 50. How does the Stage setter corrospond to this this? Or do I have to match the fixture to the Stage setter, and if so where do I set this up? Is it only limited to 24 possible addresses? That's only three 8 channel Martins and no wash lights. I must be missing something. Thanks for your help

• Members

Excellent question. I purchased it to run with my PCDJDmx (aka Blue light) software to have an actual board to run the submasters in the software. The software has 24 submasters that you can assign cues to and control from an external board. I thought this would be easy to do in double preset mode but it is not performing as I had hoped. So really I am trying to figure out how the board works in and of itself to see if it's working properly at all (I bought it used), hence my attempts to simply hook up some lights and see how it runs, but this hasn't worked either. My suspicion is it has programs already recorded and that is why it is behaving strangely, so I am trying to reset it completly to "start from scratch", yet when I follow the manual to erase all programs, nothing happens either. I mentioned the dmx-50 earlier because I no problem getting that to work, or the much more dense but user-friendly PCDJ software, so I was thinking either the board is defective or I am missing the boat on what it's meant to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a stage designer 24. I had gotten frustrated with it, and was considering getting a different board. Today, I was reading the user guide, and decided to play with it some. I discovered after reading the user guide, then playing with it, that you need to go into record enable before you can erase all programs.

Stv

Archived