AmericanDJ Mega Bar - quick review...

• Members

So the story behind this... Before I placed all my lights on eBay I ordered 2 LEDrain 64... and I received a notice that they are back order, planned for a week delay... no problems, I knew when I ordered them. So I place the traditional Par38s on ebay they sell... no LEDtain64s yet.. call store, they call Chauvet, back ordered to Mid May... Sh!+ no lights...

Off to the store to buy some lighting gear...

so I make a trek up to my normal dealer to see what they have...

I asked about getting a pair of COLORstrips... Out of stock, they sold a stock of 20 yesterday, they just placed an order for 150 more.

I asked what about the next one up... they told me American DJ Mega Bar... I spent a lot more than I was planning... but it was a deal I could not pass up...

I now have AmericanDJ myDMX, 4 LEDrain 64 and 2 AmericanDJ Mega Bars... I paid $1200 for everything... I was able to get everything because a club had special ordered the system and they backed out, I picked everything at my normal deal minus the amount the club paid into the lights.

So here is a few pictures of 1 Led Mega Bar on Stage Right... club didn't have any room to set-up 2 Mega Bars per side... I also didn't get a chance to program or play with the myDMX... I programmed the StageSetter 8 to run the Megabar.

Lighting is very good... lit up the 12' deep x 20' wide stage. Camera did not have the flash on (gaff tape over'd) There are 4 Par 38s right above the band... I did use them, but they only had stander 50w house bulb in it.

Archived