Scanner Mounting

ned911

• Members

I've got 4 Novascan's and right now have 3 mounted on my box truss and about a 45 degree angle. Noticed that even having the mirrors aimed up it still appears this will blind the audience.

Most of you mounting your scanner vertical on the truss with c-clamps?

• Members

What do you mean by "blind the audience"? If you put the scanner at a 45 degree angle, with the mirror end up, it shouldn't be an issue. That way you can have the scanners' movements go all the way upstage to where the drummer is and still come all the way downstage and light up the bassist and guitarist.

• Members

I had the same problem with my Martin MX-4s. I hang them on two t-bar stands about 6 feet high. Ideally they should be hang vertically so I can have the light sweeping across the front of the stage and occasionally sweep up over the audience's head. Unfortunately they are so heavy the hanging bracket wouldn't hold them up vertically and they would hang down underneath the bar horizontally.

My solution was just to tie some string between the bracket and the light to keep it from hanging down. It looks pretty ghetto but the audience can't see it so it works fine.

If you are using a box truss I assume you can use safety cable or even a cable tie just to keep the lights vertical.

Nooch

Archived