light controller with sound activation

• Members

Well I'm going to be building some light boxes, for my band in the next month or so. I'm going to be building 3 boxes for the front of the stage that we can stand on and wiring up either halogen pars or building some led fixtures. Then on the back line im going to be building some sort of lighting fixture for ontop of my full stack to shine into the crowd from behind us.

I'm not looking for anything crazy or overly complicated, a simple sound activated on/off light controller would be perfect. I don't think I would have the time to setup a midi rig or something elaborate and still setup my full stack with our short setup time. So I'm just wondering whats a good model to pick that won't die on me and will still have decent reaction/sensitivity. This is going to be my first lighting project for the band and I'd like to have something that will handle 4-6 fixtures located all around the stage that will also be easy/fast to set up on stage without breakin in a weak.

watch from 1.15-1.40 and you'll get what im trying to do

• Members

I guess you could just use a Dimmer pack that has a sound active mode. Plug four Halogen work lights in to it and set them up on the back line. You could use a footswitch to cycle power to the dimmer pack.

I guess the same is true for the boxes. If you use LED fixtures, you can just set them to sound active mode and use a footswitch to cycle power on them as well.

Archived