Sound Activated Light Modification?

_stealth

• Members

Just a quick question for anyone out there who might be able to help me or have some advice.

Is it possible to replace the microphone on the sound activated controlling side of a light with a audio jack?

Then you could plug in any signal source whether it be guitar, vocals or a CD player and the light would then react directly with the sound of that specific instrument creating perfect synchronicity between light and sound.

I tried scouring the net but only came up with "controllers" that had sound activated audio inputs but no individual lights with such a facility.

As far as I can see (which isn't all that far) replacing one analog signal source (microphone) with another (audio jack) should end up with the same result: a light moving/changing to sound.

Any comments at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Members

take it apart unsolder the factory bug mic and then wire in either a 1/4 jack or XLR type jack, i just did this with my DMX controller mic and made it so we can run it off the mixer board for the drummers kick drum.

Cheers mate. I'm gonna go ahead and actually give that a try once I got all the bits and pieces.

Archived