Chauvet Colorwash LED vs. Colorkey 10mm LED

TKnapp

• Members

Just looking for some front wash lighting for a 3 piece bar band. Anyone with experience with these two units? Are they comparable in any way? I believe the Colorkey has a 30 degree beam angle, not sure about the Colorwash.

Thanks folks. Tom

• Members

American DJ has a Colorwash system but it's retarded expensive for what it seems to be. $1300 for four 12W LED panels... you can get an LED420B from ESC for like $600-$700 (I can't remember exactly how much) and that's got 60W of 1W LEDs. Two of those would blow away four of the Colorwash panels.

• Members

I have no experience with that ColorKey light, but I can tell you that depending on your location, I can get you an awesome hookup on a bunch of used 200B lights. We recently switched to all 1W LED fixtures and we're looking to dump our 200Bs. PM me if you're interested.

• Members

The Colorkey units will probably be a good bit brighter, just judging from the number of LEDs and their size (199 5mm LEDs for the 200b vs. 183 10mm LEDs for the Colorkey). The Colorkey may be a bit narrower in terms of beam angle, but not by much. Its field is probably a little bit more concentrated, though, by the looks of the photos.

If they were both the same price (I think they are close to the same price new, actually), I would get the Colorkey for a few reasons: 1) Digital addressing, 2) brighter, 3) longer nose (protects LEDs and reduces flare), and 4) I like the yoke design a lot better on the Colorkey.

Archived