Basic Light question. Controls on smaller LED pars

zekmoe

• Members

I saw a band recently that had just a few pars attached to the speaker stands and near the drums. One on each side, and maybe 2 by the drum kid. Each was a smaller par type light, with LED's that created a variety of colors. I managed to look at them, and there was an input and output of seemingly XLR type labeled DMX control, a Sensitiveity and switch, presumably to tell it to run the pattern it was running. It changed colors etc.. My question is: Does it seem like these could be linked together to run the pattern (s) and not be hooked up to a master light controler? ie 4 lights run thru their pattern, hitting red, blue, purple etc at the same time? Or do they need a controler and some programming to fire in sync?

• Members

It really depends on the fixtures. If they have built in programs (most do) and can be linked Master/Slave (many can), then you probably don't need a controller, just some DMX cables to link them. Then you adjust the appropriate dip switches for the Master or slave fixtures that you will get with the manual, and you'll be all set.

• Members

It really depends on the fixtures. If they have built in programs (most do) and can be linked Master/Slave (many can), then you probably don't need a controller, just some DMX cables to link them. Then you adjust the appropriate dip switches for the Master or slave fixtures that you will get with the manual, and you'll be all set.

Do you know of any in particular? I'm looking at getting some, mainly just to have. I thought of one or two of those colorbars, but then needed something to mount it on. The lights I saw with this band, were adequate to light them. Just not a light show. A better than nothing alternative.

• Members

I don't really have a budget. I was thinking no more than $800-1000 for the lights all together. Really thought about the 4 bar thing, but wanted more compact if you can believe it. The band I saw had no light show to speak of, and 4 lights to light them enough in the dive. No additional stands to carry, just clipped 2 to the speaker stands and 2 on the floor pointing up at the drums.

Archived