LED replacement for NovaScans ?

• Members

hello,

i joined this forum a long time ago and it really helped me (along with youtube) get my band's lightshow designed. anyway, i bought NovaScan scanners back then and they are great. i had really wanted an LED fixture, but nothing was around at that time that was bright enough. has that changed ?? i want to add on to my lightshow, ..but if there is an LED fixture with equal output as the NovaScan, ..i just assume switch to all LED. i tried to find comparison videos of some of the newer LED scanners (like the x-scan plus), ..but there isn't much out there yet.

thanks,

scott

ps. i had also bought a couple of tri-pearl LEDs and i love those, ..but they are starting to fall apart (held together by duck tape mostly, but still working). is there a brighter equivalent to the ADJ tri pearl yet ?

• Members

thanks bill.

i run everything in sound active mode these days (...yeah, i know), and i was wondering if this fixture supports a horizontal mirror mode while in sound active mode (such that the left 2 fixtures are mirror images of the right 2 fixtures).

• Members

The American DJ X-Scan LED supports the mirror flip that you're looking for in master/slave. Here's a video that is very informative about the auto modes:

It also offers better DMX control options if you ever choose to go that route.

Also, hanging the fixtures upside down would not work as it results in pan AND tilt inversion. The OP just wants pan inversion.

• Members

does the X-Scan LED Plus have the same output as the Chauvet's Intimidator Scan LED ? i know it has 2 less Watts of LED, but maybe there are efficient and inefficient LEDs (i really don't know, so i'm asking). nobody seems to publish lux / lumen info.

Archived