LED Patterns to reduce Light Brite Effect

• Members

hello,

i was looking at johnny lightboy's pics in another thread and i really liked his Irradiant Par 56s due to the circular LED pattern. i was just curious if there are any other LEDs patterns like this that look good for back lights, ..or other pars that have the same circular pattern as the irradiants. i was just about to purchase more (the optima PAR 64s that are on ebay being sold by bulbamerica),. .but i'm going to wait and buy some with a much nicer LED pattern.

i currently have a few colorkey 10mm PAR 64 LEDs and i hate their LED pattern. in fact, i hate it so much that i added a wide ETC Source 4 lens. It looks so much better.

here are some pics.

before:

Colorkey1.jpg

after (and, btw, looks much better in person, almost no pixelation when you step back a few feet):

Colorkey2.jpg

here is what it looks like:

Colorkey3.jpg

btw, i don't take credit for this idea, ...i copied someone else's idea on a different forum. i added to the design by extending the can a bit (to remove the pixelation more).

• Members

I agree that circular diode placement (in one color) makes little sense.

Staggered placement is much better like in this RGBAW fixture

5w9idl.jpg

Of course, if you go with Tri-diodes (RGB in the same lens) you lose all of the Lite-Bright pixelation.

b9bu6r.jpg

• Members

the TriLeds are the way to go, ..but they are still a bit pricey last time i checked.

the irradiant LED pattern is circular, ..but they are rings of the same color, ..so it works out nicely IMHO. not as nice as the TriLEDs, ..but much nicer than my circular broken rings in my colorkey LED. i guess symmetry is the key, ..and the colorkey LEDs aren't symmetrical and look weird.

37898_143627475655277_100000240754729_35

Archived