Ultrasonic Hazer

vort

• Members

Hello,

After my experiment with the Ultrasonic humidifier producing a decent haze, I was curious why the ultrasonic method is not used much in professional models. Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks.

• Members

Nice...

From what I've read, this method is just another way to atomize the solution by vibrating it at a frequency and blowing it out with a fan. I don't know that it would introduce any more humidity than other water based methods, such as spraying through a hot plate. The main advantage I can see to the ultrasonic method is that it is super quiet. Compressor noise is the biggest complaint I see about most hazers.

Thanks.

• Members

No body wants to introduce humidity into a venue with hundreds or thousands of warm bodys and hot lights? Only a guess.

Pretty much my sentiment as well..

I think the bottom line is that the technology behind hazing or smoking an area out is all about the forcing of a fluid or gas, to another state to suit the situation. Hazing and fogging is pretty well done these days so introducing another method without reason might be the main reason that it's not happening. If there is a flaw in the system then maybe someone could work out how that might fill the gap. At the moment, IMO, it all seems to work okay.. ;)

Archived