My Current Rig

drummer762

• Members

After having taken the summer off from gigging, the gig bug bit me and I did shows the last two weekends. Neither one allowed for much notice, but I put together a rig for each that seemed to actually work ok.

Keep in mind I'm just a weekend warrior here, just learning as I go. Trying to make the most of what I got and of course always thinking of the next upgrade.

Current rig is:

Back Lighting-3 4ft vertical T-bar stands about 8-10 feet up or so. Side T-bars each have Venue Par56 LED cans on the ends with a Chauvet 6-spot in between them. Center T-bar has 4 more Venue Par 56 cans.

The 8 par cans are split into 4 groups of 2, the 2 6-spot fixtures are reversed from eachother.

Front Lighting-2 per side Blizzard RGBA Puck fixtures. One gig I put them on stands, the other I just put them on the floor.

Plenty use of Chauvet Hurricane Flex 1800 fogger. Controlled by a American DJ DMX Operator board.

Decided not to make use of my Chauvet Minspot RGBA fixtures, something that I've used for every gig since I got them. Seems too hard to control them and get consistently good results with the board I'm using and my skill set. Hope to find a solution for these to get back into the rig at some point.

Here is a video that I put together after the first gig. The gig was outside of a bar on a semi-enclosed porch area. Footage is low-budget, having been recorded on an Alesis Videotrack. The band is an area cover band consisting of some friends, it was their first gig with this project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLMvlOHtpGs&feature=share&list=UUTtWbJpjqGY2DywXBuqYYLg

Just thought I'd share, any other weekend warriors out there?

• Members

After having taken the summer off from gigging, the gig bug bit me and I did shows the last two weekends. Neither one allowed for much notice, but I put together a rig for each that seemed to actually work ok.

Keep in mind I'm just a weekend warrior here, just learning as I go. Trying to make the most of what I got and of course always thinking of the next upgrade.

Current rig is:

Back Lighting-3 4ft vertical T-bar stands about 8-10 feet up or so. Side T-bars each have Venue Par56 LED cans on the ends with a Chauvet 6-spot in between them. Center T-bar has 4 more Venue Par 56 cans.

The 8 par cans are split into 4 groups of 2, the 2 6-spot fixtures are reversed from eachother.

Front Lighting-2 per side Blizzard RGBA Puck fixtures. One gig I put them on stands, the other I just put them on the floor.

Plenty use of Chauvet Hurricane Flex 1800 fogger. Controlled by a American DJ DMX Operator board.

Decided not to make use of my Chauvet Minspot RGBA fixtures, something that I've used for every gig since I got them. Seems too hard to control them and get consistently good results with the board I'm using and my skill set. Hope to find a solution for these to get back into the rig at some point.

Here is a video that I put together after the first gig. The gig was outside of a bar on a semi-enclosed porch area. Footage is low-budget, having been recorded on an Alesis Videotrack. The band is an area cover band consisting of some friends, it was their first gig with this project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLMvlOHtpGs&feature=share&list=UUTtWbJpjqGY2DywXBuqYYLg

Just thought I'd share,
any other weekend warriors out there?

OOooh OOooh OOooh Mr Kotter, Mr Kotter... *raises hand :wave:

looks good... holy fogger during journey... :cool:

• Members

Nice set up. How long does it take you to get everything up and running?

Thanks. I've tried more elaborate set ups but with the controller I'm using, I often would find it overwhelming to do a live show. At some point I'd like to get something that would be easier to run live and then maybe I can look into using some of the other fixtures I have here. For eye candy, I tend to make use of the built-in programs of the fixtures I have, as the DMX Operator board is a bit cheesy.

I can set it up for a gig fairly quickly, as the rear lighting are already mounted/wired up on the T-bars. Just unpack and put on stands, run DMX to each stand, and power cables. Front lighting (Blizzard Puck RGBA's) are just put on stands using O-clamps or set on the floor.

Archived