Blizzard's new WEATHER SYSTEM

BillESC

• Members

Backlighting doesn't have to be overly bright. Three 3w diodes should have plenty of output. As long as you can see the beams, you're good. With 8 fixtures, coverage should be excellent.

Nothing is on Blizzard's site yet but I'll have specifications shortly and post them here.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Limy View Post
I heard him say they were small, any idea how small bill?
Maybe there is some info on their website.

Video shows pricing at $599 and/or $479. There are a couple online retailers advertising these at $599; so that makes me wondering if the $479 is Dealers cost.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just ordered and received 2x Blizzard Weather Systems. Pretty neat fixtures, which I am or was planning on using for back-lighting. Now considering a return due to one glaring issue... and it's a pretty big facepalm.gif

If you attach the mounting brackets, You CANNOT use the 'nice' padded carrying case. Someone forgot to cutout the inserts / allow room for them when they designed the padded case.

I WANT to like Blizzard.... I REALLY do. They're from my homestate of Wisconsin... but COME ON, do you really expect people to screw-in 4 phillips-head screws (per mount, 8 screws in total) every show that are quite fragile and can strip easily... then unscrew them at the end of every night in order to fit in the case??? This is a pretty big error on someone's part.

• Members

Received a response back from Blizzard. I'm actually fairly puzzled by it...

A) They advised me to go-ahead and modify the case myself to fit.... since
B) Even after sending the request to update the case, they would NOT be able to setup a return-replacement : "for several reasons of which I won't go into."

Hmmm, sounds pretty fishy to me... and makes me want to further distance myself from their products.

When I asked if modifying my case would void my warranty, the response was: No -- at least not on the warranty of the fixture.

Okay great -- so not only will they not correct a clear and obvious error, but they expect me to manually modify their product which was 'bad' to begin with. File this under: Things that make you go hmmm...

• Members

Will replied... long story short, they appreciate the feedback.... are going to update the case design, but NOT replace the ones I currently have. Talk about not standing by your product, even after admitting they made an error.

The fixture itself is nice... just a little PO'ed that even after they admitted making an error, they aren't willing to correct it.... which will now force me to manually modify their case and hope it doesn't 'break' the case.... And/Or have to go out to buy a new case to protect the investment into the product.

Pretty bad look on Blizzard's part.

Archived