Adding Lighting to Sound Rig

djiceman1575

• Members

How many of you have added a decent lighting rig (LED cans, few movers, misc. effects) to your rig, and has it yielded a greater benefit to you than sound alone?  I have some LED cans right now for basicl ighting, but I'm debating on purchasing some LED moving heads (specifically the Blizzard Torrent F3 and Torrent X-ray) to give a more extensive choice of options, along with some halogen front lighting, nothing too fancy

• Members

It really depends on what you are doing. Of you are doing mostly bars then it probably wont get you any more money, but people generally seem to like good lighting more. Even just a few different chases can make it look much better.

But I wouldnt get any halogen lamps for bars. Most that I have played you are scraping by for power as it is. The last thing you need is some lamps that are drawing a few amps each.

• Members

A lot depends if you can use a hazer.

Here's my band with 11 Blizzard 3NX across the rear, and 2 Blizzard Fab5's per side. No haze

Here's my other band, same 3NX's, and 4 - Martin Minimac Profiles, 1 fab5 per side smoke machine. (Low headroom)

Then add 4 intimidator spot duos for the full meal deal, and a hazer. Different band. One Fab5 per side for the front.

More is better. But I did stick with groups of similar fixtures, for a more cohesive look. Easier to program as well. DMXIS for programming. It all runs off 2 15A typical outlets.

It makes us look better, we charge more, I dunno.

• Members

IMG\_20131228\_223811.jpg

IMG\_20131228\_185620.jpg

IMG\_20131228\_223804.jpg

This is My lighting gear on a worship that I provided sound, stage and lights, this are the Chinese mega par profile in action (6 of 8 that I have, I just order 4 more) in conjunction with 4 Chauvet Color Palettes, 1 Fal 1200 Hmi Followspot, 1 Antari Z-Fx1500 Fog machine, Sound king portable lighting Truss, Elation Compuware 1024 USB dmx; it depends like everyone is mentioning what do you want to achieve with it, my next buy would be moving heads, but as you can see this is the kind of events that isoII work with my gear, 

Archived