Hear TEchnologies Monitoring Systems?

• Members

I and the band (6 pc) I am working with are planning on putting together a Spring tour, and we consider monitoring to be a critical area of expense for a live show, even before PA (afterall if you can't hear oneself than what's coming out of even the best PA is at risk and if you have good onstage volume, than a good PA mix can be obtained even with minimal gear).

I was looking at the Avion systems but there are way way too expensive, requiring spendings thousands and thousands of dollars and then one still has to purchase the in-ear monitors and receivers.

I then looked at the HEar TEchnologies system and the price is extremely reasonable for a 4 mixer system. Since the band is a 6 pc, then 2 people would just go without a custom mix or I would just add two more mixer units, very affordable compared to the mixers of the Avion system.

I know one other forumite has the system and would like to hear more about how he has it set up and integrated with his other gear - power amps, IEM, and PA system.

Also, wondering if there is just one user on the board - if any others have checked them out yet?

• Members

Used them at my last gig. They sound fine, but the stock ear bud blows. I'd suggest getting some Shure E2 ear buds for them, as they're great sounding and pretty reasonably priced (around $80 a set). The receivers are reasonably durable and the sound quality is pretty good. I'm looking at getting IEMs for my band and these are worth looking into.

Cheers!

Archived