Shure E3c - Huh? When? What?

• Members

No, not true. I've seen the schematic for the 'short' circuitry. Approximately 28 months after the initial release, the units start failing intermittently. Then an upgrade is required.

Or not.........

Actually, I was hoping to pick up some e1s at bargain prices if the e3s are the replacements.

Several of my band members are using the e1 and if the e3 is sonically superior and more comfortable, it may be worth the 'upgrade'.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Clear..........charging to 300........ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Reviving an old thread :) . The E1 is, in fact, discontinued. Looks like if you buy the PSM400 and up you get the E3's. The PSM200 ships with the E2 (which is really the equivelent of the E1).

Also found out the "c" distinction is nothing more than marketing. The "c" stands for "consumer". In going after the mp3 player crowd, Shure rolled out the "c" line, which is just a different model name and color (white instead of gray).

Now my question. I've read a few VERY favorable reviews, and am thinking of upgrading. One review went so far to say that if they were offered the $500, E5 or the $179 E3, for free they'd choose the E3. I just wanted to check here if anyone has actually tried?

BTW - the Shure site really doesn't have much in the way of specs for this thing. I want to see frequency response charts. All there is are weight, SPL, and marketing speak like "low mass-high energy driver"

• Members

Originally posted by abzurd

BTW - the Shure site really doesn't have much in the way of specs for this thing. I want to see frequency response charts. All there is are weight, SPL, and marketing speak like "low mass-high energy driver"

i've asked this before, and have seen it asked before - the response is always the same. in-ear buds cannot be spec'ed to a standard frequency response curve because everybody's ear is different - ear size/shape, their natural response, etc...

dunno why somebody can't just use those dummy head thingies...

AS

• Members

Ultimate Ears fully spec all thier products. I don't see the big deal. Just assume a full seal and spec it. As long as you are using the same test on all products in the line (E1 - E5) it would at least show me how they stack up with respect to each other.

For example, below is the UE-5 chart from the ultimate ears site.

UE-7_PRO_chart.gif

Archived