Peavey Power Amp specs...

• Members

I find it interesting that Peavey has neglected to show the 20 Hz - 20 kHz, .01% THD ratings of their PV series amps. They only show and advertise the 1 kHz, 1% THD ratings, even their Owners Manuals only show Max Output ratings. I wonder if this is the way of the future?

• Members

Dude, cut us some slack. It's our entry level amps.

Besides, look at the specs a little closer, particularly the THD. It gives the full bandwidth THD at 10% below rated power. That's the same spec you are looking for, right?

SoundMan

• Members

Originally posted by SoundMan

Dude, cut us some slack. It's our entry level amps.

Besides, look at the specs a little closer, particularly the THD. It gives the full bandwidth THD at 10% below rated power. That's the same spec you are looking for, right?

SoundMan

I was expecting to be able to find 20-20 .05(or less) THD power specs. Just seems to me the power ratings are going in the wrong direction. First Mackie starts advertising and claiming their max power ratings (making you dig for {closer to} "real world" specs), Peavey & QSC follow suit shortly thereafter. I even recall you talking about the fact that Peavey had started to post Max ratings and that Peavey was being "forced" to do so because of the way the competition posted their specs (which I surmised meant Mackie). Now this seems to be even a step further. The "real world" power specs are nowhere to be found. Not good for consumers IMO, a step in the wrong direction as far as I am personally concerned.

• Members

I feel your pain, trust me, as a consumer (audio nut) it bugs me. But it's being forced by our nation of WalMart consumers. Just count the "I need a PA for less than $800" post on this board alone.

One of my other hobbies is high end car audio. We have several shops in town, but none of them carry anything I'd put in my car. They all have Pioneer, Sony, and Kenwood, but nothing above that. Know why? Because they are inexpensive, and most people will accept this level of equipment. Coincedentally, these are also the people posting "I need a PA for less than $800".

Speaking of car audio, I noticed the other day that there is a new standard for power ratings, at least for in-dash cd players. All of the new Alpines are rated at 18watts per channel, instead of the usual 45 per channel. I don't think this officially goes into effect until 2006, but they are adopting early.

BTW, this spec game has been going on for a lot longer than this and it will continue until a standard is forced on our industry.

SoundMan

Archived